Don't you agree with me that parenting is the most stable job in the world?
Parents' dilemma goes like this - You want your child to grow up, and, simultaneously you do not wish your kid to grow up. It's an analogy. Parenthood is pure bliss that unfortunates cannot own. As responsible parents, we take an oath to raise our child rightfully so that they can become independent and wise. I believe that there is no task more essential than upbringing children. As parents, we sacrifice almost everything for the sake of our kids.
Children are the future of our society. We must concentrate on their overall well-being. It is not always about the incredible success; rather, it is about the positive parenting via work-life balance. We are very conscious about our children. Isn’t it? A titillating sense of insecurity always prevails in our minds about up keeping our babies and make them complete humans with beautiful thoughts.
Our world is full of surprises. Many kids fall prey to their fathers and mothers and suffer terribly.
In Pamela Thurschwell’s “Sigmund Freud," it is stated, "I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection."
Let me share an incident.
Ashley lives in our neighborhood. Being a sixteen-year-old lovely lass, she is an incredible swimmer. Swimming is her passion. She often wins gold in the tournaments. The problem is with her mom. She has only one answer to Ashley's every wish, and, that is "No." Whenever she asks for something, the only reply she gets is a "BIG NO." In fact, her mother removed her from swimming because of board exams. She smashed her dreams of reaching the Olympics by removing her from the sports academy.
The effect: Ashley went into depression and failed in the finals.
I am not saying that her mother is an evil person. It is the sign of negative upbringing. Childhood experiences give shape to adulthood. Our juniors are relying on us in every aspect.
Have some knowledge on the harmful effects of negative parenting.
- Intelligence and education of the children are adversely affected. Kids receiving severe corporal punishments usually scores lower in exams, IQ tests, etc.
- Mistreated children suffer from lower cognitive strengths.
- Difficult parenting affects career life of the child. Unsupportive parents, lack of proper education, and lower cognitive abilities leads to a negative relationship and communication gaps that trigger professional sabotage and limited earnings.
- Bad parenting shines in the morality of the child. Parental attention is everything to the little souls. Scientific research has shown that rapid responses towards co-sleeping, breastfeeding, cries, and adorable physical contacts help the kids in growing up with empathy and moral development.
- Neural connections of children are built in an unhealthy manner. These innocent minds become severely traumatized, and due to the unlimited faulty stress, they unspectacularly step towards crimes and hypervigilance. They cannot control aggression anymore.
- Emotional constraints, compulsions, broken relations, obsessions, health problems, financial issues, imprudence, fickleness, suicidal tendencies, mental complexities, behavioral problems, etc. are the outcomes of negative upbringing.
Parents often ask:
- What is the best way of positive parenting?
- How can we modify prejudicial attitudes for our child's development?
- How to deal with our kids fittingly if something goes wrong?
Good parenting not a rocket science. Laurence Steinberg, in his book, "The Ten Basic Principles of Good Parenting" has rightly said that effective parenting is quite straightforward and universal. We can take examples from his guidance:
1. Parental act matters
Children are not only the products of our genes. Our behaviors and activities bring huge differences in their upbringing.
2. Establishment of Rules
Give your child the wings to fly wherever he wants, but, set some restrictions and standards. Handle conflicts with proper reasoning.
3. Foster the kid's independence
Teach them how to think with logic and let them take few decisions on their own. Do not make every decision on behalf of them.
4. Learn from your child
Parents can be wrong too. Try to learn from your mistakes and from your child.
5. Never ridicule them in front of other people
If something goes wrong, take them aside and converse gently. Do not throw logic every time you are discussing with your young minds for stopping them from doing something. Let them make mistakes. They will learn gradually through it. Check for their and others' safety in this process.
6. Encourage them for extracurricular activities
Books are not everything. Sports, music, painting, etc. are also parts of life. A well- balanced life is a stress-free life.
Trust is the basis of all relationship. Respect their opinions. Be the best friend and the most lovable parents they can have.
Parenthood is pure bliss that unfortunates cannot own. As responsible parents, we take an oath to raise our child rightfully so that they can become independent and wise. I believe that there is no task more essential than upbringing children. As parents, we sacrifice almost everything for the sake of our kids.